Danzan-Ryu Commercial Publications/Products
The following are publications, videos and other products that relate to
DANZAN RYU JUJITSU VIDEO TAPE SERIES
Professor Don Cross, M.Ed., Rokudan
This high-quality 7-tape series covers many of the areas taught in the Jujitsu system. The tape volumes are:
Click Here for Ordering Info
- FUNDAMENTALS OF DANZAN RYU JUJITSU - Prof. Cross demonstrates his 84-technique Fundamental Course, which presents a comprehensive overview of Danzan Ryu Jujitsu. The course includes detailed instruction on the techniques of ducking and dodging, blocking, strikes and punches, trapping, kicking, escaping from holds, joint locking, break falls, takedowns and throws, and defenses from the ground. Written script available (for $15).
- YAWARA: Techniques of Escaping and Joint Immobilization - The Professor teaches the essence of the oldest form of Jujitsu, which includes effective methods of escaping from holds and joint immobilization techniques. The 20-art course of Professor Henry Okazaki is demonstrated, along with effective self-defense applications and variations of the original forms. You will learn over 65 Yawara techniques with this video.
- NAGE TE: Throwing Techniques - In this video presentation you will learn the 20 essential throwing techniques of Master Okazaki's system, along with practical self-defense applications.
- SHIME TE: Constriction and Grappling Techniques - Shime Te are the basic grappling and wrestling arts of Danzan Ryu. Many of the 25 arts shown begin with a throw or takedown followed by constriction techniques on the ground, including chokes and strangles. Standing chokes and self-defense applications of the standard arts are also shown.
- GOSHIN JITSU: Techniques of Self Defense - This 28-technique course was assembled by the students of Master Okazaki to illustrate some of the best self defense Jujitsu arts they were taught. In this video, Professor Cross demonstrates this unique course, with its advanced applications of Yawara, Nage Te, and Shime Te, which helps intermediate students integrate the basic courses of Danzan Ryu into their self defense repertoire.
- YAWARA STICK - Prof. Cross presents over 40 techniques employing the use of the deadly Yawara Stick. This 7-inch, hand-held dowel is used for striking nerves and acu-points, escape assistance, joint immobilization reinforcement, and takedowns. Custom made Yawara Sticks are also available for $20.
- KAPPO - The Secret Resuscitation Techniques of Danzan Ryu - In this video Prof. Cross demonstrates the essential resusitation techniques of Danzan Ryu, including methods of reviving a person who is unconscious, stopping a nosebleed, relieving a locked diaphragm, headache relief, and much more.
Note: This video series is presented by Jujitsu-Do Productions and is not affiliated with The Danzan-Ryu Jujutsu Homepage.
Announcing a new book from George Arrington...
Mokuroku and Kaidensho:The Official Documents of
This book is a must for ALL Kodenkan/Danzan-Ryu practitioners! Learn about
the actual documents that were awarded by Professor Henry Seishiro Okazaki to
his students. Read for yourself the actual esoteric principles from the
Kodenkan in both Japanese and English. See exactly where some scrolls differ in
their wording. Cut through the myth and get to the real story about the Okugi
classes of 1948 and 1993. (See an excerpt here.)
This book contains copies of actual graduation scrolls (mokuroku) and Okugi
certificates (kaidensho) of Kodenkan graduates. Each line is shown in four
- A copy of the original Japanese handwritten text
- A legible printed copy of the Japanese text
- The phonetic Japanese in "romaji" (English syllables)
- A direct translation into English
In addition, many pertinent photographs and other illustrations are
The cost of the book is $30 plus $5 S/H. Print out the order form below,
fill it in and send it in today! (Make checks or money orders payable to George
Notice: The publication of this book will be limited. Don't miss out!
Please send me ____ copies of Mokuroku and Kaidensho at $30.00 plus
$5 S/H per copy.
Total enclosed is: $_____________________
(Send order to: Virginia Kodenkan, 13908 Lee Jackson Hwy. #100,
Chantilly, VA 22021. Make checks or money orders payable to George
Arrington. Do not send cash. No electronic nor credit card orders.)
Ship my copies of Mokuroku and Kaidensho to:
Street __________________________________ Apt ________
City _______________________________ State _____ Zip ____________
Daytime Phone (____)_____ - ___________ E-Mail:__________________________
The Danzan-Ryu Jujutsu T-Shirt
The design is set against a neutral gray background and the front is an
image of Henry Seishiro Okazaki with his name kanji. The back contains the
correct kanji for the Danzan-Ryu board names from Yawara through Shingen. (Note:
Some of these characters have only recently been made available to the general
public.) The cost for each shirt is $15 and sizes are available from S to 3XL.
Send orders to:
George Arrington, 13908 Lee Jackson Hwy #100, Chantilly, VA 22021
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Yawara-The Hand Arts of Kodenkan Jujitsu (Danzan-Ryu)
Available from the author at $15 per copy. Send a check
George Arrington, 13908 Lee Jackson Hwy. #100, Chantilly, VA 22021
- The Science of Self Defense for Girls and Women
Professor Henry Seishiro Okazaki
Reprints available from
The AJJF Store
- Dynamic Jujitsu
by Professor Wally Jay
(See Address Below)
- Small Circle Jujitsu
by Professor Wally Jay
- Danzan Ryu Jujutsu,
Washington Budokan, P.O. Box 299,
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043, (206) 776-8096
- Small Circle Jujitsu Vols. 1-5,
Professor Wally Jay, 2055
Eagle Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 523-8949
- The AJJF Store - Merchandise
from the American Judo and Jujitsu Federation.
This page is maintained by George
Back to Home Page
Copyright © 1995, George E. Arrington III